Sunday, June 28, 2009

Sunday, June 28, 2009: Addendum "London Calling"

Just a quick note about another activity I did Sunday evening with Dr. Everhart and our youngest member of the group, Dillan. We took the Tube to Hyde Park and caught both the Dave Matthews Band and Bruce Springsteen in concert. Well, sort of. We were not able to get inside the high green walls that surrounded the stage area, but we were just outside the walls and could hear the music perfectly. I recognized two of DMB's songs, "Don't Drink the Water' and "Ants Marching." The Boss started with "London Calling" but most of his I did not recognize.

Surprisingly, the crowd outside the gate was large, but very sedate. I can't imagine a US crowd being so well behaved.

I will post a small movie with sound bites later, when I have time to put it together. Keep checking back.

No comments:

Post a Comment