Monday, June 22, 2009

I believe I can fly ...

“There is no moment of delight in any pilgrimage like the beginning of it.” - Charles Dudley Warner

Well, here I sit, waiting for British Airways to tell us to board our flight to London. I can't believe this day is here. I've been planning this since last October.

The day went by so quickly, even though I was up at 5:30 a.m. unable to sleep. I know I'll be dead on my feet when we arrive at Gatwick, 3:00 a.m. our time, 8:00 a.m. their time.

Sheila was waiting for us at 2:30, crying that she needed 8 more hours! However, we took off and had a nice "linner" at the Cheesecake Factory in Tampa. That may have to do for awhile.

Before we left, we had a couple photos taken. The second is Sheila and me in front of the tram to take us to our gate; the first is my husband and I just before we said goodbye.

Next stop -- London!



No comments:

Post a Comment